Things You Need:
- A piece of wood(any size and shape you require)
- Cut pieces of a glass(colored or clear)
- Adhesive glue(you can get from any hardware store )
- Transparent paints(available from arts and crafts shop)
- Thin marker/Lead pencil(for tracing the design on the wood)
- Liquid lead(available from arts and crafts shop)
- Get your wood ready and trace the template on it,as we have been doing before, but dont outline it with the liquid lead.
- Once you have the template on the wood,start sticking the glass mosaics with the adhesive glue, following the pattern of your design.
- We are not using grout here,so,while sticking the mosaics,keep in mind,lesser the gaps between the mosaics sticked,the better it is,as it will make your work look neat and ofcourse will require less effort in filling those gaps at later stages.
- Let the lead dry completely for about 2 hours.
- Again,if u didn't use colored glass for mosaic,then,using transparent paints you can add color to the clear glass pieces yourself.
- Choose the colors you want to fill in from transparent glass paints pack and adjust the consistency of paints by adding lacquer thinner.
- When you are satisfied with the shade and consistency,paint the cut pieces of glass.
- Let the paint dry completely first and then reapply the lead and let it dry for 2 hours.
- Now your mosaic work is ready to be used as per your desire.
- It is not necessary that you use finely cut pieces of glass,you can even use any broken glass for the purpose.
- The enlargement of the template depends on what you plan to make and where do you want to keep it.
- For coloring the clear glass for mosaics,you can use any paint like crystalline,acrylic or transparent.
- Incase,you are cutting the glass yourself,this would be helpful:
- The following video will show you how to glue the mosaics to the wood,however in this video the lady will be using grout ,so she is giving enough space between the pieces,but as we are working without grout,so remember,lesser the spacing between two mosaics sticked the better it is.
Get you back with mosaic using grout....Have fun.