Sunday, December 26, 2010
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
How about embellishing your walls with the glass painted wall mirrors.Here we have two options,either paint on some part of the mirror with transparent paints,crystalline colors or even opaque paints,following the same procedures as linked,and leave some part of the mirror as it is,so that can be used for viewing your image.
- Masking tape
Monday, December 13, 2010
Things You Need:
- Craft knife(for cutting leads)
- Liquid lead(available in bottles and tubes from arts and crafts shop)
- Transparent glass paints(available in variety of brands and shades from arts and crafts shop)
- Paint thinner(available from hardware stores and are used to thin the tarnsparent glass paints)
- Paint brushes of various sizes.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Before soldering your stained glass object,use copper foil on all the joints of the glass and tape the copper foiled sections together with the masking tape.Apply flux sparingly in several places and put small drops of solder on the fluxed areas,this is 'Spot Soldering'.These spots of solder can be easily removed with the soldering iron so that the pieces of glass can be adjusted if you are not satisfied with the fit.
Now apply flux sparingly to all the seams(joints),and gently pull the soldering iron and solder along the copper-foiled seams,this is 'Flow Soldering'.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
We have already done stained glass in detail and ofcourse beautifully.But what if you are short of time and still wants to create your own stained glass picture frame,would you just sit by and wait till you have ample of time to work in detail?NO,ofcourse not,here is how you can easily make your own stained glass picture frame in no time.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
GLASS PAINTING MADE EASY.: Making An Opaque Glass Painiting.: "Image by:karlanolan.blogspot.com Opaque paints are mostly used for making conventional paintings like figures and still life as against st..."
Monday, November 1, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
- Paraffin Wax
- Bee Wax
- Hydrofluoric Acid
- After all acid has drained,remove the bee wax and wash the glass with warm water,removing all the paraffin wax from the glass.
- Wash the glass properly with the dish cleaner and warm water and there you go,you have beautifully etched glass.
- If you want to change this etched glass to mirror,then give it to your glass merchant and he will get it done for you.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
|Grinding bits image by:etoolshop.co.uk|
|Diamond bits image by:biztrademarket.com|
- Choose a glass object to engrave and clean it with the glass cleaner.
- Trace the template you want to engrave on the glass,either,using stencil or by sticking the tracing paper on the inner side of glass and copying the design with the non permanent marker.